Friday, January 23, 2009

Writing- to the max!

I found it interesting that Murray is calling us to reject all forms of commitment to the old ways of writing. He wants us to sail away on an adventure of new form: Free, magical, and exciting, abstract? (haha) Now, Kevin is saying, yes, do that be free, be adventurous, be creative, but don't just go flailing into a pit of darkness without a flashlight!

I love creativity. I am an artist; Writing from different, and strange views, and voices is my calling. Often, I write in forms that only I can understand. (Or maybe I am lazy with form, sometimes...) Agreeing with Kevin is neccessary. Creativity is super important, but losing all sight of where you are going, or what you are creating is sometimes very impossible. If my task is to create a paper for a course I must follow the requirements, that is, unless I wish to fail that assignment.

I am more into journaling, creative stories, and songwriting. When I create a song I tend to write more from a stylistic aproach; as well as, I like to write a big giant rants, that I claim as creativity. None-the-less, I do often free-write. (The awesome power of mind-mapping!) And of course, when I journal, I tend to generally argue my views blatantly. There is the rare occassion that I write from another point of view; although, I find myself way to stubborn to write from other's views. (I would rather state my oppinions)

I suppose I should try opening my mind to the creative flow of other people's ideas. (sigh)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also agree with Kevin that Murray's idea is somehow misleading. I think ways of writing is like sloving a math question, there's always different ways to get the right answer. If you are good at memories formulas, go ahead and memories them all; if you like to understand how the formula works and wants to understand the theory, then pay attention on the proof. Who can say that you are wrong if you can eventually get the right answer?
    For me, free from restrictions is good, so that I can let my ideas flow. But at the same time, following the rules is probably the best and practical way to help me write a good paper.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.