Usually when you want to create something you must start form nothing. IT seems that we must in order create something unique and personal. we all have to start form nothing. I enjoy writing music, and generally writing music comes form nothing in particular. I find that I am continuously bombarded by other people’s opinions and different references to start from. When I create music, often I will end up creating something similar to something I have previously encountered. This is because of what I have been exposed to in the music society.
I feel that the most important thing you can do to succeed in your passion is to continuously gain knowledge about your craft. I know that if I want to write music, I have to work at my craft in order to succeed in my passion.
When I start to write a song I honestly just start writing. I figure that if I don’t like what I have just written I can always critique, or change it later.
I found it interesting when Murray stated, “this book will help, but you still have to write to learn how to write in your own way. And that way will change as you gain writing experience” I have never thought about writing in this was before. I have always thought about is as writing academically, and always learning form others. I am sure that you do continuously have to learn from others, but you actually have to grow yourself as well.
Yeah, I find that things go a lot easier if you just start writing - don't sit at the screen and analyze every line you write, just start writing and fix it up later. It's a lot easier said than done.
ReplyDelete