Saturday, January 24, 2009

yep

Oh Murray. Well I really like the idea of a daybook ( or journal, diary) whatever. I find that if I take the time when I feel inspired to write down my thoughts, I will make my writing process more successful. 
My passion is to write lyrics for songs, and if I take the time to write my spontaneous thoughts down in that moment, I am then able to use them when thinking of themes and lines for a particular song I am working on.
I think that Brainstorming can and will be very beneficial. especially when I am trying to get an idea for a song, or a poem, or a story. It just seems like a good way to get out everything thats in your head. All your thoughts surrounding the subject, and variations to the topic.
Once you have taken a good amount of time to get all your thoughts out, it is important to group things together, or pay attention to repeated ideas or subjects. Once you see connections in your brainstorming, you can then narrow your topic.
As Murray suggests, writing in a group or with a partner can help you to stay more focused and dig deeper into establishing the core of what you are trying to say. This can be very benificail to your writing process.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I also believe that we all have different ways of writing. It also depends on what we are writing, what the purpose of the written material is, and generally, if it will sell.In this world that is the catch. whether you are writing a marketting proposition, or song, it needs to hit a target audience and "rock people's socks".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been huge on brainstorming, but I am starting to see the value in it. I like the idea of using brainstorming to find connections and see if there is something there you would never have thought about. I guess it is a way to open your eyes to new perspectives or ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally i find when I try specifically try to brain storm my mind goes blank. Its usauly overtime as I continually think about the topic that ideas come to me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.