After sitting in class this week, reading Badke and working on the second assignment I feel as if I may be making some progress to say in the research world. The difference between keyword and subject searched still seem to have too much overlap to distinguish them as two types of searches. After going through what seemed like hundreds of word combinations in both the keyword and subject searches, it seemed to me as though I was arriving at the same results. This is when Badke's simplicity came into play, "Stay calm, stay focused," and you can't forget, "read the directions." Directions for a database sounded like some sort of joke to me but believe or not are quite helpful. I have now realized the subject search is a branch off the keyword search and sometimes there is just a lot of overlap. With this knowledge though still comes the frustration of not being able to find enough information for my topic!
The concept of search engines other than Google though? Hmm...I am enjoying the different types of Google branches there are though. I have found that exploring as Badke told us the different ways to use Advanced Search or Google Scholar has truly helped in narrowing down my topic and find specific information that I am looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.