Our old tradition of thinking is when we see an article (it could be an essay, a news or any other written things) or a picture, we would automatically trust and accept them. We might question them a little after, but we still treat them as sort of information. However, in Badke's book, he said, "Not All Information is Informative"(13). I think his perspective is a very effective warning. Badke taught me a new idea, or it could be ability, which is learning to question and estimate information first rather than blindly trust them first. in addition, based on Badke's idea, I think it might be also a good consideration to think about why people give these information, what are their purposes, and in what situation people provide these information.
- A New Term "Research Questions"
Since I read this section of Chapter 2, I found it is a really cool concept for research. "Research Questions" does not mean to hunt certain questions. It is the question(s) that you should keep in mind through the whole process of your researching, in order to make your purpose of researching clear and direct. Actually, in my past, I've tried this way certain times, but I didn't recognize it was so important in research. Now, my working experience met Professor Badke's theory. Therefore, I have more confidence to use this method.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.