Throughout the reading this week I learned once again a couple of really cool tips. The first one which I think I will remember for the rest of my life is that the Chinese "actually" invented the printing press not the Europeans (Badke, 3). Besides the cool fact of the day, I learnt more about the process of research writing and why you do it. Anyone can research anything. The important factor is understanding why you are researching. Badke suggests that false research writing is when you just gather tons of information and then just simply summarize it. I have to admit this is usually what I do when I have a research paper to do. How could I add anything more to the brilliant information I have acquired? Well, this is the next piece of advice from Badke- have a good research question that is narrowly focused and something that hasn't been answered yet. This gives you the opportunity to write with your own voice and come to your own conclusions with the help of research material. Wow, with this kind of approach to any paper you write will just blow the socks off any professor.
After this reading I also realized the extreme importance of doing good research, because
the research you do will ultimately lead you to your research question. Your question is what you will be trying to answer your entire paper. An outline that has solid structure, a clear view
of where your heading with your topic, a good research question and a thesis statement that answers your question is key to writing a good research paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.