Friday, January 30, 2009

Search Engines on the Net

I had always thought internet search engine and I are like two people from different planets that will never understand each other. It’s funny how Bake mentioned in class that he found some people would talk to their computers and wish the machine could understand their mind. “Oh, I guess he’s talking about me.” I have to admit that I didn’t believe internet research could have some sort of strategies until I read Badke’s book. It’s like finding a magic formula dealing with an unsolved math question. I start highlight the websites he list in the book and add to my favorite site. Now internet research and I are start getting to know each other, for I have learned how to write the “language” in that tiny box.

It’s so nice Badke even suggest the best search engines for us to use so that we don’t need to go to some random search engines and get a whole bunch of junk information we don’t need. Knowing where you are going is so important in internet research. I think people like Badke can enjoy research so much is because they know how to use the right way to find the exact information they need.

1 comment:

  1. In the past the easiest way for me to find something on the internet was to look for a website and know the name of said website. If your looking for information on a specific topic, you better make sure that that topic isn't on something that people will try and sell you. If it is, your going to have to struggle through a large amount of sites devoted to advertising.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.