Sunday, January 18, 2009

How to Start...

Writing a research paper is a troublesome thing. Some people just hate writing reaserch papers because we have to write so many pages. When we knew that we have to do a really heavy work, we just do not know how to start.
I also have the same problem as writing a paper. Sometimes I just thought about the topic a lot, I believe that the life experience will helps me to write good papers. However, research first is very important. It is what Badke states to work on Wikipedia article on before writing. Wikipedia will help us rough understanding the subject and determine which option is we most like.
Another problem I had is that can not give a good question. Usually, I ask some too general questions. For example, “Does the death punishment help human rights?" Therefore, we have to go ask our professors and talk about our topic that is really useful for us to make a good question.

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting that ChenXing mentioned the people's inner fear of receiving a paper assignment. It seems true that many students have no idea on where to start and how to start a paper. I think the main problem is not lack of research skills. I believe everyone know how to google since their elementary school. The point is whether we have a proper research question in our mind or not. A good research question could narrow our topic and cut off those unnecessary research work, in order to help us right get onto the point and save time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.