What I got from chapter 9 in Murray’s book was that there are many ways to do outlines. The first few examples of outlines started off pretty normal; however, as the chapter progressed, the outlines got stupider. I will never use some of the outlines that he suggested. But I will use outlines. I do use outlines. Mine are usually closer to a formal outline in structure. I like to keep things neat and arranged in some logical order.
So on to Badke. I do take notes... sort of and sometimes. Every source I use gets its own page on Word and away I go, taking notes. Each source is cited at the top of the page as well. Sometimes I will switch back and forth between paper and computer screen. And that’s usually as far as I go with note taking. I have photocopied a few things before. I made sure I took down all the information that I would need for the bibliography and wrote it on the copy. I only do this occasionally though. In the end, the readings this week made me think about how I outline and note take.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading Badke, I would like to say that I take notes when researching but that usually isn't the case. I tend to gather my difference sources and then look at them collectively deciding from there which I should use.
ReplyDeleteAs fae as outlining goes, the free style really worked for me in the preliminary stages but I do agree that the more formal outlines helps to clearly see what's I'll be writing.