Friday, February 6, 2009

#4

I totally just have to go for it when I write! I find that if I just go for it I am able to get my idea out on the page. I fins that once I just get everything out on the page I am then able to go back and correct and critique my ideas.

It was interesting to read about Murray's thoughts about the need to stray off the path. If we consistently stay on the straight path we will just be writing things that your teacher already knows. In once sense I agree. I think that id we are so particular about every little thing we write, we offer no flavor to our writing. This then gets boring and can be unbenificial. I think that flavorful writing comes form those who take chances to go off the "straight path" and offer a different flavor to a certain paper.

In chapter 15 Murray shares some ideas that enable you to get your writing process going. He suggest that you focus on Conflict, Tension, Mystery, surprise, information, worry, joy, connection, personal territories, point of view, voice, new, and significance. 
He states that a focus line is a response to life.

I think that if you have a focus in writing, it helps you get your odes and thoughts focused on a certain idea. He gives some tips so that you can find a focus. Murray suggests that you begin by ending, or controlling an image, or anticipating the reader's need.

Overall I found that these chapters have been helpful in getting outside the box, creating the right outline and finding a focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.