Monday, March 30, 2009

My Capstone Paper's Remarkable Rough Outline

Alright, so... Everyone has a lot more done than I do... I'll have to get working on that.

Because the essay I'm using for this assignment wasn't originally a research essay, it's going to be formatted with two distinct sections: the analysis portion, focusing on the chapter I'm supposed to be writing about; and the research portion, which will take an idea from that chapter and expound on it with research from various sources.

Here's the basic outline:

Intro:
- Thesis: Lindvall and Quicke's chapter discusses how Christians can make an impact in the film industry, yet glosses over the reality that more and more religious themes are cropping up in secular films. Do these religious themes in popular secular films such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, and The Matrix have any real value for the Christian community, or are they shallow and empty?

First Section (roughly 500 words):
- I'll be discussing what the book Understanding Evangelical Media says about Christianity and Christian film makers in film, touching on a the main points of the chapter and discussing whether or not I agree with what is being said - mainly that

Second Section (roughly 1000 words):
- This section will focus on secular films like the Harry Potter series, the Star Wars trilogies, and the Matrix trilogy. I will analyze the religious themes and images found within each and critique them, while relating everything back to the film chapter from Understanding Evangelical Media.

Conclusion
- In the conclusion, I will summarize my findings and my analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.